Monday, June 22, 2009

New York City


May 30th.
The day that I set foot in New York City for the second time. The day I laid eyes on Carnegie Hall for the first time in my life. Amazing.
My university's choir was asked to premier a piece written by none other than Dr. David Childs. He wrote a Requiem, and we got to premier it in Carnegie Hall. We got a standing ovation. It was the best night of my life.
We were all in New York for five days. Some of the best days of my life. I got to see Times Square every day, I stayed in a hotel ACROSS THE STREET from my favorite building in the world-Carnegie Hall, I got to SING in Carnegie Hall, go up to the top of the Empire State Building, watch an incredible sunrise beside the Brooklyn Bridge, eat amazing food, see Juilliard (the school of my dreams), eat a $1.00 hot dog from one of the thousands of little venders, walk in Central Park, Little Italy and China Town, go to a ballet in the Metropolitan Opera House, go to a Broadway show and do/see soooo many other wonderful things.
This second trip was absolutely amazing. I am STILL suffering from post-New-York-depression. I want to go back and spend another week. Psh, how about another month?
New York City.
God willing, I'll be back there in 2 years to chase one of my dreams.

1 comment:

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Oooh, great post. I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful week! I hope you get to go back!